Friday, February 01, 2008

I Once Was Blind...



...and still am in some areas at times.

That's why the Lord put me in relationships with my wife, my family, my friends and with the people of New Hope. There are just too many blind spots in my field of vision. So Bunny can help me see what I can't interpersonally, and others chip in too and for the most part, I can walk around without hurting myself or others.

I cannot imagine life without those "eyes".

But some people seem to have the notion that they can see all they need to see alone, or from a hand-selected group given the same task as those court followers in "the Emperor's New Clothes". Just tell me what I want to hear when I want to hear it. Don't ever suggest that it might be anywhere within the realm of possibility that I could ever be wrong, mistaken, or caught in a sinful trap of my own making.

Tonight I'll be headed over to Panama City to attend a Men's Conference at FBC Panama City. The guys that are going over are pretty special to me. Over the last few years I've had the honor of being their pastor and the privilege of being their friend. We're going there to get another set of "eyes" - to listen to what Steve Farrar and really the Holy Spirit sees in us that needs to be different than it is.

Whoever you are, wherever you are when you read this - don't fall into the trap the devil has laid for you. You need other people with the power to speak truth into your life. No one can make this life work alone.

Take that blindfold off.

No comments:

Post a Comment