Sunday, February 17, 2008

How Long Oh Lord?

It was one of those days when there was so much I wanted to say. But clouds were forming on the horizon. Announcements and welcome lasted 15 minutes. The children's sermon went for 6 more. And note to self - video clips count as time out of your portion. They are not an added bonus that everyone goes away feeling glad they got.

With the two videos, yours truly grabbed an amazing 50 minutes. Uh huh.

So yeah, an hour and a half was what we took from start to finish today.

It wasn't as bad as the three hours "There Will Be Blood" took from Bunny, Sean and me yesterday.

But it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. Content in context, delivered with passion - yeah. Clips were both great and supported the theme extremely well.

BUT... I was too long. Way too long. And what I think could have really been impactful was made less so.

I'm posting this to remind me if I ever get that idea again. Although Bunny and Sean will probably handle that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment