Monday, January 28, 2008

"You don't fix faith - it fixes you"



Those of us with an analytical mindset are sometimes lured by this siren song, aren't we? The idea of walking across to our fellows in the "hard sciences" and coming up with "the answers" to everything that at first blush just doesn't make sense about what the Bible says.

The actor in the scene tells us no - "you don't fix faith - it fixes you."

Oh, I do like that line.

Right now it is Monday, the day I try to rest and recuperate and yet all day long I've been trying to "work the problem" of how to reach more people with the good news. That search has lead me to read about youth initiatives and adult outreach ideas, media initiatives...

... as if.

Oh, Jesus. Hear my cry. Let Your glory fill Your people. Let Your love overflow out of lives surrendered to You. Keep us from anything we'd do outside of your clear will. Help us wait on the Holy Spirit's call before we "fix" anything.

Fix us.

Begin with me.

A Hat Tip to "One for the road... by Paul Mayers", where I found the clip

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:48 PM

    What movie is that? I don't recognize it.

    And yeah, send in the resume. I'll make sure it gets to the top of the stack ;)

    ReplyDelete