Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

- Out to eat with some Newhopeians
- nap punctuated by glimpses of "In the Land of Women", a surprisingly good movie I never, ever would have seen had my wife's civilizing influence not been brought to bear
- getting ready for small group tonight
- thinking about this morning

Worship as we continued "The Red Letters - Living A Faith That Bleeds"
Matthew 5:1-12

Music - O Worship the King (Tomlin version) - it ROCKED! It is so God focused!
God of Wonders
Hosanna (Baloche)
My Jesus I Love Thee
Offering
Jesus Paid It All

We had a bunch of people out sick but every single replacement did an awesome job. And it all happened without my making it happen. New Hope being what we are I got a worship guide from Corrine Quinnell (5 years old) doing duty as a greeter. I sang in the worship team next to Blake (10 yrs). I played guitar badly across from my son, and my wife played keyboard. John Anderson did the kid's moment, his wife Amy played flute on some of the songs. Mack Kirkland and Jim Quinnell (Corinne's granddaddy) ushered.

Young, and older. Together. In worship.

Some days it starts looking like the Kingdom of God might be breaking through.

No comments:

Post a Comment