Thursday, January 31, 2008

Who, me?



So I'm deep into a discussion on one forum today, sorting through emails and zipping through my Google Reader blog list. Bunny's watching a pretty amazing movie in the living room or whatever that is. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the next part of the sermon on the mount.

Really.

I don't know how your brain works, but I have to slow mine down by doing a bunch of things at once or I will "ping" all over the place. It's just really difficult for me to concentrate on only one thing. God knows that, and it seems to be okay with Him.

But every now and then, it is as if light breaks through, bushes leap into flame, whispers become roars and He is just here. Wherever here is.

I was torn a minute ago by everything that is going on. Choices presented themselves and all had good explanations of why I should do them.

But God is here. Now.

I've been praying about a lot of things lately. Praying about New Hope. Praying about family. Praying about friends. Praying about people going through hardships, and those still trapped in sin. And yeah, praying about me. As much as I scream to God "put me in coach, I'm ready to play" a voice comes from within and reminds me of who I have been, of past failures, and all that. So quickly it comes.

But God is here. Now.

Lifting words off the pages and holding my attention as He gently but firmly doesn't just explain what was there then, but what's there now - for me. For me. For me.

Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment