Monday, October 06, 2008

New Hope @ Worship 5 Oct 2008

I'd have to say it has been such a whirlwind of events the last few weeks that having a somewhat normal Sunday felt odd. The whole family was together, no one was sick, and I didn't have to get back in the car and drive anywhere except home.

My main focus in preparation was the backdrop of fear, uncertainty and doubt that our nation and our congregation is going through. I do not have first hand knowledge of anyone's finances, but I do know that people are anxious. My job in times like these is to remind people of Who God is and what He has promised the believer. To tell the story of the God Who cares, and Who is in control.

So the music led in that direction.

Better Is One Day
God of Wonders
How Great Is Our God
Still
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)

No comments:

Post a Comment