Thursday, October 09, 2008

Slight Rant At Micro$oft


Listen, I know you don't want to hear this. From what I can tell you guys are taking a lot of heat lately with that Vista thing, so much so you are striking back in a less than good natured way. But I have to let you know

Yes, you have provided us with a lot of tools over the years - not perfect tools, but those of us who have been with you from DOS 2 want you to know that we appreciate the effort it must have taken to get us to this point.

So much progress since then.

Thanks

But I added more RAM to my Thinkpad last night, and now you want me to reactivate Microsoft Office? The copy I bought 7 YEARS ago? Whose CD is uh... somewhere here?

This is why people leave you. This is why Open Office is steadily building share. No it's not Office. But... it's not Micro$oft either. I have been ignoring all the times your product crashes with every single helpful answer being "Upgrade".

However, you are at my tipping point.

If I can find the CD, I'll hang in a while longer. If a thirty minute search doesn't turn it up, then you're toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment