Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It Can't Happen To Me - Happened



About 4:30 this afternoon, my Google account refused to let me log in. I tried entering my password every way I knew to do it on my laptop. Then I tried on the eMac in my office. I was locked out of my own account.

That meant no mail.
No Google reader.
No Google Docs.
No Blogger.
No Google Talk.
No Google Calendar.

Crash!

I am the most security conscious person I know, and choose very secure passwords. I back up often. But because Google is so good and so... well, free, I found myself in the unenviable position of having access to none of them. It was crippling.

The folks at Google, after verifying I was the owner of my account,helped me reset my password and get back in. Thank you Google!

I'll be looking at ways to avoid another repeat of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment