Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pardon Me - I Have To Turn Over Some Tables


I'm adding a new recurring feature to Herding Cats (unless I decide it shouldn't occur again). The "Fleece the Sheep Award." Inspired by... well, you know.

Today's "Fleece" goes to the makers of the ESV Bible.

Now while I am not a fan of the ESV, that's not the issue. Saw that Crossway is giving one away.

Win this beautiful premium calfskin leather version of the new ESV Study Bible!

This Bible retails for $239.99


$239.99 for a Bible in a world where that would feed literally hundreds of orphans?
$239.99 for a Bible in a world where that would buy dozens of mosquito nets?

Are they out of their ever loving minds?

2 comments:

  1. I know people have to make a living, but when publishers even have the gall to put that high a price on a Bible - well, it's just sinful. I also have major problems with the exorbitant prices of the DVDs that go along with popular Bible studies. I'm a Beth Moore fan, but smaller churches can't afford the $200 price. If it weren't for the lending library in Arizona and other churches loaning them out, New Hope would rarely be able to view them. It's all just wrong.

    ReplyDelete