Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Hope @ Worship 2/22/2009




Okay,this coming week the dysfunctional relationship between all of us at New Hope and the office computer comes to an end. It's either fix it or hit it with the sledgehammer I found in the big shed. The worship guides for today were gobbled when it crashed when I hit print.

Had I not been under the influence of antihistamines, I'd have settled accounts with it right then and there.

We were ending a look at the "Crux" of Jesus' message in the Sermon on the Mount today, and looking forward to the beginning of the 40 days of preparation for Easter called Lent.

We began with Indescribable - a last minute change
Then Holy Is the Lord
Shout To the Lord
and "I Give You My Heart"

Lia Frisbee performed Ode to Joy as an offertory and she was magnificent.

The message...

I didn't get as much into it as I wanted to. By that I mean I wanted to reach out in and among the people in the congregation and asking them personally to lay their worries and their fears at the feet of Almighty God. I will trust that the Holy Spirit will do with my efforts what He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment