Sunday, March 02, 2008

Worship At New Hope 2 March 2008

We're continuing working on spiritual formation through Easter with the "Red Letters - Having A Faith That Bleeds".

"How Great Is Our God"
"Indescribable"
"Be Thou My Vision"
"It Is Well With My Soul"
"Amazing Grace"

The sermon came from the beginning verses of Matthew 7



I told the folks at the beginning it was a briarpatch and I doubted anyone would get out without harm. My prayer is that it did what God intended to be done.

Our Sunday night worship continued as below.

EVENING WORSHIP March 2, 2008
Worship Theme: “Sent”

Please take a handout as we begin our worship.

Pre-worship – Consuming Fire – Tim Hughes
PRAYER

Video: Yours – Steven Curtis Chapman

FIRST READING
1 In the year King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple. 2 Hovering around him were mighty seraphim, each with six wings. With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with the remaining two they flew. 3 In a great chorus they sang, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty! The whole earth is filled with his glory!" 4 The glorious singing shook the Temple to its foundations, and the entire sanctuary was filled with smoke.

5 Then I said, "My destruction is sealed, for I am a sinful man and a member of a sinful race. Yet I have seen the King, the LORD Almighty!"

6 Then one of the seraphim flew over to the altar, and he picked up a burning coal with a pair of tongs. 7 He touched my lips with it and said, "See, this coal has touched your lips. Now your guilt is removed, and your sins are forgiven."

8 Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to my people? Who will go for us?"
And I said, "Lord, I'll go! Send me." Isaiah 6:1-8 (NLT)

SECOND READING

Handout – Each person to read one verse and pass it to the next person, continuing to the end.

Video: “Seeking the Truth - NAMB”

THIRD READING
43 A deep sense of awe came over them all, and the apostles performed many miraculous signs and wonders. 44 And all the believers met together constantly and shared everything they had. 45 They sold their possessions and shared the proceeds with those in need. 46 They worshiped together at the Temple each day, met in homes for the Lord's Supper, and shared their meals with great joy and generosity— 47 all the while praising God and enjoying the goodwill of all the people. And each day the Lord added to their group those who were being saved. Acts 2:43-47 (NLT)

SHARING
How can we reach our friends and those around us?.

Video: “Seizing Your Divine Moment - NAMB”

PRAYER BEFORE COMMUNION – Everyone please pray with your eyes closed as the music plays
Video: Asleep In the Light – Keith Green

PERSONAL PRAYERS OF CONFESSION

EACH PERSON COMES AND TAKES COMMUNION WHEN THEY ARE READY. TAKE A PIECE OF BREAD AND TAKE A CUP OF GRAPE JUICE. WHEN WE ALL HAVE THEM, WE WILL FIRST EAT THE BREAD, THEN DRINK THE JUICE.

Video: For the Sake of the Call – Steven Curtis Chapman

CLOSING PRAYER

No comments:

Post a Comment