Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday Worship Recap


When I got home tonight I was ready to collapse. Two days of work culminated in an hour fifteen minutes of worship. It felt like a funeral. Which was the intention.

Some of those reading the letters became very emotional.

I won't mention names, because Diane and Amy know who they are. They were pulling people into the raw emotion of that Good Friday evening. It was so powerful.

Everyone who sang - Emily, Kristen, and Craig did well too. It was an emotional night, and emotion reached up and snagged Kristen. Her heart was singing even when she couldn't. Emily reached out and touched many, and Craig slammed the door with "Hurt."

Powerful, powerful service. Visually and aurally stunning. I winced when I heard the whip hit Jesus' back. I flinched when I heard the hammer hit the nails.

Thanks to everyone who read, who helped prepare, to Michael Weech who somehow made it all work.

No comments:

Post a Comment