Saturday, January 31, 2009

Now That's What We're Talking About



I'm so sick of hearing that we must choose a demographic group to "target" with the gospel in order to grow.

Nothing could be further from the desire of Jesus for the church.

When I look out over New Hope on Sunday, though there are differences in pigmentation, I see my brothers and sisters in Christ. They are my forever family.

It is harder to grow when you don't segregate (word chosen deliberately) at church along racial, wealth, even lines of military rank.

Oh but when you grow, you can catch a glimpse of that whole "Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" - RIGHT NOW!

I'll be buying that book, and trying to keep pressing forward in including all God's children in the New Hope family.

No comments:

Post a Comment