Monday, January 26, 2009

Book Review: Same Kind of Different As Me



One of the greatest legacies my Mother left to me was a love of books and reading. It has served me well down through the years in every pursuit. As a pastor, I read a lot for understanding of the Bible text. But as part of my education - my human education, I read all sorts of books - deliberately.

My love, my wife also shares my love for books and sometimes passes hers along. "Same Kind of Difference As Me" is one of those.

If you are wondering if the love of Christ can make a difference - read this true story of how that love - expressed through a courageous woman, her art dealer millionaire husband, and an illiterate sharecropper changes everyone it touches and affects a city.

One of the best books I have read in a long time. Read it.

1 comment:

  1. ok, ok, ok. I have heard of this book EVERYWHERE! A friend (and artist) in our church is friends with the art dealer in the book even!

    I'm going to get it THIS week. Promise!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete