Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Will we eat?



I've never gone hungry.

Ever.

For my entire life I've been taken care of by parents or had the wherewithal to buy food for me and my family.

That's not to say there weren't times when I ate something other than what I wanted to. But I've never been hungry, or had to eat something I would rather not for more than a meal or two.

One of the things this week is causing me to come to grips with is the grinding nature of eating pretty much the same thing day, after day, after day.

We live in a place where we ask each other "what do you feel like eating?"

In lots of places, they ask "will we eat?"

day three of rice and beans week and already I'm amazed at the strength of the poor, who given so little, have so much to teach us

For He satisfies the thirsty,
and the hungry He fills with good things.
Psalm 107:9

No comments:

Post a Comment