Friday, November 26, 2010

What I'm Reading - Shadows In The Jungle: The Alamo Scouts Behind Japanese Lines In World War II


Shadows In The Jungle: The Alamo Scouts Behind Japanese Lines In World War II

Currently reading this book that I bought off Books-A-Million's markdown table.

There's so much of even our recent History that we don't ever learn in the classroom. I took a WW2 course at Mercer with 8 people in it - all except me were military. The professor pushed us hard and we did several papers on obscure battles and campaigns. But even though my father fought in this area - New Guinea, Biak Island, Mindanao - I knew very little about this campaign and nothing about the group in this book.

It's well written and well researched and as easy to read as anything Clancy or Griffin has written. The accounts of action are raw and real. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to fill in the blanks between Bataan and "I have returned."

No comments:

Post a Comment