Thursday, October 14, 2010

Don't Look At Me




"I don't want my life to be explainable without the Holy Spirit. I want people to look at my life and know I couldn't be doing this without by my own power. I want to live in such a way that I am desperate for Him to come through. That if He doesn't come through, I am screwed. (I probably shouldn't write that word here, but that is truly how I feel about it.)"
-Francis Chan, pg. 142

Francis is ahead of most every Christian I have ever known in this to the point of our shrugging and telling ourselves that he's a freak.

We don't pray to be that way.

Is that because we think God isn't capable or because we are acutely aware of our sins?

Or is it something else?

Have we been worn down after years of just getting by in our relationship with God to the point that our settled life has become the new normal, and anything above that level causes us to recoil in terror?

Francis isn't a freak. He's a fully actuated follower of Jesus.

From heaven's point of view, we're the freaks.

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment