Monday, September 15, 2008

New Hope @ Worship 14 Sept 2008

It was the last week of the series covering the Book of Jonah. The idea was to explore Jonah's attitude and open that to our attitudes and notions about God. Then to look at how to handle our anger with God - what to do and what not to do. There were some reasons that this was a timely message for some in the congregation, so it was God's providence that delivered it on time for them.

To reinforce the positive about God's love for us, we crafted the music accordingly.

Arise
Your Grace Is Enough
Blessed Be Your Name
Forever
Grace Flows Down

It didn't fit anywhere, but we also had "I Love To Tell the Story" done as a duet by Craig Bryan and Brittany Edwards. They did a great job on a song that probably means a great deal to many in the congregation. I know it does to me.

So here's the ppt for the message. You might note that the Scripture is on there. I'm always torn on that, because as a teacher, I want the students to use their own Bibles and follow along. This week I put them on there, next week probably not. My goal is to use a few memorable images as opposed to a lecture/presentation. This week was mostly text, though. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment