Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Catching Up


Just got back home from Savannah. Remember when you were a little kid and your parents took you on vacation? You got home and you were raring to go and couldn't understand why your mom and dad looked like zombies. Well, I know why.

This was on my doorstep when I arrived, so I did experience some little kid glee. All my begging has apparently paid off and Laura at Tyndale House has graced me with a copy of the brand new NLT Study Bible. I'll be diving in tomorrow for sure.

Lots of mail, including a newsletter from the city that rivals anything I have ever read in terms of prophesying doom and destruction. A real old testament beat down of the Air Force and a forecast of a bleak picture ahead for Valparaiso as a result of the F-35 training wing coming here. The headline - "Valparaiso - Paradise No More"

Wow.

Interesting Sunday at New Hope apparently as well as a pronouncement of death for one of our A/C units that cool the fellowship hall.

So I'm home, and I think I'll pray.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous David! I tried to get on of those review copies and they were out. Let us all know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete