Sunday, June 08, 2008

New Hope @ Worship June 8, 2008

The first weekend after school lets out is usually a down week here as families rush off to get vacation in, but this week proved to be the exception. The focus on the service today was an attempt to fill out our understanding of salvation in Jesus. The idea of "Shalom" of wholeness is present as is our need to ask God for His mercy and praise Him for His grace.

I tried to reflect all of that in the choice of songs.

Hosanna - "You are the God who saves us, worthy of all our praises"
Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord - "I want to see you, I want to see you..."

Holy Is the Lord - "We bow down and worship you Lord, how great, how awesome is He..."
Your Name - "Nothing has the power to save, but your name..."

Softly and Tenderly



I was going to use this video at the close of the service today, but we had a few glitches and I decided not to. I hope those of you who read this will take a couple of minutes and watch it. Maybe it will help you realize the power of the Name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment