Friday, January 27, 2006

In Him

In between trying to come to grips with what Sunday's Scripture is saying to people today, I took a moment to look around my study. What I saw were a couple of thousand books, assorted decorations, and labels.

It seems everything in here is labeled.

Whether it's the publisher's name on the spine of the book, the "Intel Inside" on the PC, IBM on the laptop, even "Pilot" on the pen, everything around me is labeled so those examining them might be able to see who the manufacturer was.

For a while today, I lost my label.

I let the pressures, stress, and just my own old selfish and self-centered personality out. Nothing earthshattering or illegal, but nothing that would have caused anyone who witnessed it to label me as a Christ follower either. I've been forgiven, but the reality of how easy it was for me to lose it lingered, even in here.

How to get it back? I opened my Bible to this passage.

17And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. 18And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. 19May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Ephesians 3:17-19

and I listened to this song.

You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound

Lord I’m amazed by You
Lord I’m amazed by You
Lord I’m amazed by You
How You love me

How wide
How deep
How great
Is Your love for me

Music and lyrics by Jared Anderson
© 2004 Vertical Worship Songs
CCLI# 4221021

It took some time, but I got there. I'm so very thankful for God's mercy and His grace, and I continue to be amazed He'd want His label on me. But with Jesus, all things are possible. In Him.

For you too, beloved.

Grace!

David Wilson
www.newhopevalp.org

No comments:

Post a Comment