Monday, October 27, 2008

New Hope @ Worship 26 Oct 2008

Wow!

Our God Saves rocks! Picture if you can, Baptists worshiping in the Spirit. Yep. The song went so well in the first time we had ever done it that we repeated it again.

Our God Saves
All the Earth Will Sing Your Praises
How Can I Keep From Singing
Our God Saves
Just As I Am

Just great!

So then I get up and launch into a doctrinal sermon. Seriously. Yesterday's message was on the Trinity or as I called it "Tri-Unity". This is part of a desire to help our folks become "rooted and established in love." Thing is, people hear the word doctrine and they freak. Yet the Trinity provides so much for us as an example of how God-centered relationships ought to function. I tried to mix the straight doctrinal with the practical working out of how what we observed within the Trinity would help us in the everyday.



I actually added three slides to what you see here to address the errors of Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses and Oneness Pentecostals. When I got to the church I felt that the sermon needed that reinforcement.

We had one person commit their life to Christ and present as a candidate for baptism.

Wow!

Our God Saves!

No comments:

Post a Comment