Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I'm Wondering...



What if we weren't given one more piece of information about God for the next year? What if there were no churches, or TV evangelists?
What if all our Bibles got stolen?

Where would we find God?

And how would we know how to live so we would make Him smile?

Saturday night we wound up going back to the nursing home where my Mother-in-Love, Dot Clinard is recovering from an illness in. Her bed had malfunctioned, and her roommate called the house to let Dot's family know. The staff blew it off so we headed over to check and make sure Dot was okay.

When they were taking care of Dot I had to leave the room for a minute. I sat down in a chair in the corner across from Dot's room. In just a minute another resident named Sophie wheeled up. (Her name was embroidered on her sweater) Sophie looked to be in her eighties, and she was repeating "mama, mama" over and over. People like Sophie are part of the hard reality of life. I was thinking about that, and how terrible it was that she was in that condition when I started to pray silently for God to bless her.

Sophie looked right at me and said "Mama loves Jesus."

I was stunned. But I managed to say "and Jesus loves you too Sophie."

She wheeled away.

I'm wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment