Saturday, March 22, 2008

Twas the Night Before Easter

I had no idea there were so many parodies of Clement Moore's "Twas the Night Before Christmas" having to do with Easter until I Googled that phrase. Everyone seems to have beaten me to the punch.

Having entered the "preacher bubble" some years ago, I tend to forget what the rest of the world is doing during Holy Week, and just how messed up the culture is when it comes to holidays. Now don't get me wrong, I love holidays. But come on. Easter changes everything!

So later this morning I'll stand in front of a congregation and try to get them to think through what an awesomely staggering accomplishment God did when He brought His Son back to life.

This is no "one off" miracle that God did just to make a point.

Easter changes everything.

It's either true or it isn't. And if true, we must decide whether to reject Christ and His amazing offer of forgiveness and restoration, or die in our sins.

(BTW - I'm taking the "it's true" POV) :)

So I'm done with the darkness of Good Friday.

It's Easter. He Is Risen! He Is Risen Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment