Friday, April 16, 2010

The Barna Group - Survey Reveals the Life Christians Desire

The Barna Group - Survey Reveals the Life Christians Desire

Good article that highlights the differences in what the evangelical follower of Jesus believes and those of other faith groups. Could spur you to think about what you want out of life too. I can tell you that after struggling through another April 15th tax filing last night, the thought occurred to me - "Is the trajectory our life is on consistent with what we believe?"

There are so many needs in this world. So many people have a fraction of the resources that we do. And our God is constantly reminding us of them and of OUR need to make a difference in their lives. When I looked at what we had given to God's work compared to what we earned, I felt that we didn't do enough. And when I look back over all our years as a pastor and wife, I can tell you without a doubt that the best period was when Bunny was employed by the Florida Baptist Children's Home shelter "My Friend's House" in Niceville, I was early into my work with New Hope, and we were both totally invested in that work. Our home was rented (as it is now), our cars over 10 years old, we had so little - and yet had so MUCH.

As I said, the article can make you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment