Sunday, March 07, 2010

Sunday Night Recap - 3/7/10



Wonderful change in the weather might have put everyone in the mood to come to praise and worship God today. After Niara ( the older girls) presented a video by Love146.org about the fight against human trafficking we kicked off the worship music set which was a mixture of old and new.

O Praise Him  - Crowder
Holy Holy Holy
Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone) - Tomlin
Unfailing Love - Tomlin
Softly and Tenderly

As for the message... I started the week out studying the problem of God and suffering, but as the week moved on I wondered if I didn't need to step back from the philosophical and focus on the practical ways those questions show up in our everyday life. That feeling was confirmed by events and in my prayers so the resulting message's hope was that I'd gain an immediate connection and be able to help people find God and His grace whatever they were going through.

Judges 6 opens the book on Gideon - one of the flawed heroes that God seems to enjoy using for His purposes. It also opens us to the great promise: "I will be with you."

Friends, live in that great truth. Abide in it - in Him. God is enough. His grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment