Thursday, November 13, 2008

What we have here, is a failure to communicate

Dilbert.com

Don't you love that comic strip? She really didn't get it, did she?

I had one of those hard conversations today.

You guys know the ones I'm talking about.

The ones where someone points out a flaw in your perfection. :)

There aren't many areas I would have claimed to have a handle on, but communication, especially the written kind, I thought was my little corner of the world. So much so that I seldom if ever run anything I write by someone else so I can gauge if what I meant to have conveyed actually, well... got there.

It's a pride thing.

And it's wrong, it's sinful, and it can hurt me in my passionate desire to follow Jesus and call others along on the journey.

My bride helped me see that today.

She must love me, and love Jesus, an awful lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment