Saturday, December 01, 2007

Shameless Plug

You guys know by now that I'm not prone to toss out praise when it's not warranted. I hope my reluctance to do so isn't seen as cynicism, but a sincere desire to look for the best rather than honor the okay.

Just for background, I have a total now of 87 post graduate hours, spread over three institutions. Mercer University in Macon,(my alma Mater for undergrad) where I began an M.Ed. (and was forced by family emergency to stop), New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, and now Rockbridge Seminary. I have loved them all in their own way.

Mercer had some amazing professors and an awesome campus. New Orleans, especially at the extension centers (where I did the vast majority of my work so far) draws from a great pool of local teachers who really helped me learn what being a pastor/theologian is all about. But the online fledgling, Rockbridge, may prove to be the best of them all for me.

I have taken several online courses at NOBTS, but none had the interaction and vitality that the Rockbridge environment has. My Hermeneutics class this session uses the same text as NOBTS does, and I think is doing the work at least at a NOBTS level, but adds to that a professor that's really engaged in helping us online, and students who come into the class expecting to interact in a challenging way.

If you are like me, a small church pastor with time and money issues, but know you need a good theological education and (this is important) want one that will deliver to you not only the academic acuteness but the practical as well, I heartily recommend Rockbridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment