Tuesday, November 27, 2007

6 Reasons Not to Quit

Weblog » Emergent Village » 6 Reasons Not to Quit

We have now been in the same place for nearly 4 years and are yet to see one person sign up to follow Jesus. This was not at all what I hoped for or expected when we set out to begin our missionary venture in the northern suburbs of Perth. Even though I told people it would be a long term project and we would need to be patient I (secretly) still expected amazing results and in double quick time. As a youth pastor I had seen the youth ministry I was leading grow dramatically from 30 people to 250 in less than 2 years with many of those new Christians. For some reason I concluded that a) this was normal and could be replicated b) I was the key element in catalyzing this dramatic period of growth. I figured that if I could make it happen in one setting then surely I could do it again somewhere else…

I have since come to see how arrogant and foolish that is.


Brother, you ain't the lone ranger.

Good article and it its strange way, encouraging.

Pax

No comments:

Post a Comment