Thursday, October 25, 2007

Should We Count Those Blessings?

My son Sean and I made a trip over to Destin to meet some folks who were coming over from Panama City to buy his 85 Fiero GT. yes, I suppose selling that car was a blessing for Sean, but that's not where I'm headed.

After (and before the call from the new Fiero owner whose new car was dead beside the road - altenator, bummer :( ) we went over to Best Buy to get my wife a new mic for her PC. She talks to her mother in Macon GA almost every night via video chat. (Technology reaches Middle Georgia, film at eleven.)

We went in, avoided the siren-song of electronic devices and headed up to the checkout. After a slightly embarrassing reminder of my absent minded nature (scanned the debit backwards), we completed the checkout and exited, but not until the clerk said "have a blessed night".

Walking to the car, I commented to Sean, "what was that?" It's pretty rare here on the coast to hear any expressions like that. "I don't know if you should count that one", he replied, "the tattoo on the guy's neck was a wiccan symbol."

My theologically informed and cogent reply?

"Oh."

So gentle reader, do we count that blessing or not?

Christianity in the year 2007 - one among many.

Now back to the previously scheduled reality programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment