Thursday, June 22, 2006

Catching Up

Well, we've moved to the new location and I lost a week somewhere. Even though I just hung around at church last week, I still saw some things happen that I need to bring you up to speed on.

First - our chairs are in and our pews are gone. Initial reports say that the chairs are much more comfortable for our folks with bad backs, and once they all are here, we'll be able to shoehorn some more people in our way too small sanctuary.

Second - I received a financial report update and while skimming it noticed something cool. Corinne Quinnell, all 45 lbs of her (if that) contributed the first dollar toward new tables for the fellowship hall.

Finally - It was Father's Day last week, and at the close of the service, one of the ushers prayed one of the most sincere and open prayers I have ever heard. He asked God to forgive him for the years he lived when he wasn't a Christian - and confessed that he had hurt his kids spiritually because of his stubbornness and sins. I love that man's heart. My prayer was that God in His mercy would give him peace.

So, we head into a normal weekend with me preaching both services. Tally Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment