Thursday, March 24, 2011

Carrying Water In A Sieve

From It's Like Herding Cats


So I was born with "that" chromosome.

You know, the one that doesn't like to ask directions. The one that likes things spelled out. That puts things in boxes and just presses on. Shows up for work every day unless an arm is falling off and pushes the rock a little farther uphill. Takes the licking and keeps on keeping on.

But sometimes it feels like no matter what...

It's not going to be enough.

Like carrying water in a sieve. Lots of activity but a poor result.

Key words are "going to be", as in hasn't happened yet. So yeah, if I let myself go there I am literally pre-stressing out. And right about here the Holy Spirit shows up and reminds me of some important information that I know, but for whatever reason sometimes let slip out of my view.

God is with me. When Jesus said "I am with you, always" that means I am never alone, and never have to face anything or anyone by myself.

God is for me. The most powerful force in the universe is working everything I encounter together for my good.

So my feelings of inadequacy may be completely valid. Or not.

What matters is God's ability, not mine.

Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment