Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Priceless


I was cooking this afternoon and smiling thinking about the kids at New Hope tonight who make me feel like Bobby Flay at Wednesday night suppers. Tonight's menu was chili and grilled cheese sandwiches. Haute cuisine. :) When I rolled up in the parking lot they were already there. I literally didn't get the chili out of the back of the Element before I got the first "wow that smells good." Friends, I am not a cook.

But they make me wish I was.

If only I could make people understand what life in a smaller church like ours is. Notice I didn't write "is like" because there's nothing like it.

We've been praying and working as a church to navigate through a financial crunch. The adults here and others in our extended church family have given to help us weather the storm. It's been amazing to see what God has done.

But tonight, John Anderson told the RA boys,kids from the neighborhood - rough boys that "good people" wouldn't want their kids to associate with. Whatever.

Those boys heard John talk about the church's need, they prayed, and then they emptied their pockets.

Every dime they had - THEY GAVE.

Enjoy your multi-million dollar edifices.

We're doing CHURCH over here, from the 80 year old to the 8 year old.

And that's priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment