Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Come Home Running


We're getting ready for praise band practice tonight. We're going to do this Chris Tomlin sing called "Come Home Running". Don't know if you have heard it, but it's really moving when you put yourself in the story. The picture of God as a loving and seeking God just blows me away. So I'm reading today in my Bible and I see  this:




"I was found by people who were not looking for me. I showed myself to those who were not asking for me."Romans 10:20 (NLT)

God is working everything to get you to know that He loves you and wants you to love Him back.  He's hiding in plain view waiting for you to see just how much He wants to let you know He cares. You may not even be looking for Him, but He's there.



Listen, friend.

Please?

God is waiting with arms open wide for you to come home, or to come home again.

Do NOT base your opinion of God on how those of us who try imperfectly to follow Him live out what we believe. Trust Him to be Who He says he is in the Bible. Christianity is not a set of rules to live by. It's a relationship with a God who came looking for you so you could really live a life worthy of what He created you to be.

As the song says, come home running.

No comments:

Post a Comment