Friday, July 29, 2005

Reproducing Disciples

I can't tell you how happy I am to learn that many members of your congregation are diligent in living out the Truth, exactly as commanded by the Father. 2 John 4

I was sitting in my office today, talking to a man who just got back from a mission trip to Indonesia. He nad his wife were missionaries there for a while, and they returned for a month to help tsunami relief.

For me, missionaries have always been heroes, so much so that I picture them coming back to America and feeling let down at our lack of fervor. But not today.

You see this man works with youth, and while he was gone, two of the people he had asked to fill in began to really learn to love our youth. So much so that they want to continue teaching them at another, additional time each week.

he was telling me about the welcome home party the youth had given him and his wife, and about these two women steppingup, and then it was if a light went off in his brain when he realized - "Hey! They are growing!"

Yes they are. And that's why we do what we do.

Grace!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment