Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Tremors



At first I wasn't sure what it was. It felt like a big truck going by, but then I realized I was no where near the highway, in fact I was in our company's corporate HQ. Then the books started falling off the shelf above my head, and I had to get up. When I did, for a moment it felt like I was surfing. All the people who made the SF Bay area their home looked at me kind of funny. None of them had even moved.



"Did you feel that?", I asked.



"Yeah, but you get used to it," one replied.



Right then and there, I thanked Almighty God for placing me in Middle Georgia, and asked Him to please, please, please see me safely back home. He did.



I was thinking about that event today when I read this verse..



Jeremiah 5:3 (Msg)

But you, God,

you have an eye for truth, don't you?

You hit them hard, but it didn't faze them.

You disciplined them, but they refused correction.

Hardheaded, harder than rock,

they wouldn't change.




Have you felt a tremor lately?



Has something within you seemed not quite right? The things that used to bring you joy, do them still have that effect? Or are they lifeless?



It could just be that you need to examine your faith and practice. Maybe there is a disconnect between what you say you believe and how you really live. Oh, it probably wasn't something you decided to do one day, just the result of a series of little compromises. And now, you haven't felt God move in your heart in a long, long, time.



Friend, draw near to God and He'll draw near to you. Go to Him in prayer, and ask Him to soften your heart, and wash it clean, giving you a new desire to follow Him. It's never too late.



Grace!



David Wilson



This devotional is written by David Wilson, pastor of New Hope Baptist church in Valparaiso, FL. If you find you have received this via a forward and would like to receive it regularly, or find you no longer wish to receive it, drop me an email at dwilsonfl@earthlink.net and I'll make the change to the list. If you'd like to know more about New Hope, visit our website at www.newhopevalp.org . May God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment