Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Picture I Didn't Use Sunday



The message Sunday was called "Crux" and the idea was that Jesus called us all to recognize our lack of anything that would make us worthy to God. It was the very first line of the Sermon on the Mount, and the absolute essential that each of us had to embrace as truth before we can follow Jesus as Lord.

Obviously, this picture would communicate a lack - of nourishment.

And it broke my heart.

I mentioned two weeks ago in a message that I had connected the use of corn for ethanol with rising prices for fuel, and how I personally would rather pay more for gasoline than to negatively affect those in need.

Well, here's the effect of higher food prices.

Still want $1.00 per gallon gasoline?

2 comments:

  1. Everytime I talk to you or Bunny, I get more excited. It's so wonderful to be around people who "get it". Where do we go from here? Uganda? I have so desperately wanted to do some Red Letter living through my local church instead of having to search out another organization to do it through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd love my pastor. He is driving a scooter now. . b/c while he can afford higher gas, he knows that those in Uganda and Haiti can not.

    Can't wait to talk,

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete