Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In the Stillness

Bunny's already in bed, Henley's asleep on the floor beside me.

I'm trying to unwind from a whirlwind Wednesday night - to stop and wait on God.

He was all around me today, working in the lives of the people I love.

My Mother In Love is getting the treatment she so needs.
My Father In Love is hopefully catching up on his rest.
Bunny and I rejoiced again about how the deep desires of our hearts are seemingly coming at us in a most amazing way.
Amy and John closed on a home today - their first. And my friend Ian is a happy boy.
Celeste showed up at church on her birthday with a bouquet of flowers, and if I had to pick which was more an expression of God's creative work - I'd choose her every time, even though the flowers were awesome.
I saw people serving each other with joy and laughter.
I participated in small group prayer with a group that spanned ages but were joined at the heart.
I got the chance to teach about how to handle criticism from God's Word.
And then I went and prayed with a man who is very dear to me and to New Hope that may be facing bone cancer.

Yes, God was at work there too.

I joke about this job sometimes. Call it "herding cats."

But you know what, when you step away, and find a place to be still and listen...

well, David Crowder called it "the sound of angel's ahs" as they marveled at what God has done. Yeah, that's about right.

Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment