Friday, May 16, 2008

It's what you learn after you learn it all


Well, had the final final pretrial talk with lawyer #2 this morning. We're making a counter settlement offer that I hope will be accepted.

It's been since September of 2006, this trip through the legal education system.

I've learned a lot.

It's funny, even that which I counted on as being safe and secure - the 25% of the house and land my Mother left me when she passed away, proved not to be - as vandals savaged it, stealing the heat pump, copper plumbing, and wiring.

Now the tornadoes which struck Macon last weekend damaged it more, and destroyed many trees around it.

This is one of those times in life, when as a believer in Jesus, I look to see where He and His will for my life is at work in all this. Echoes of "In this life you will have trouble..." flit through my memory. But I know that He will not waste any of this in His passion to conform me to His image. Yes, I trust Him. Though everything else I count as in my possession be stripped away by theft, by tornado, I trust Him.

So I'm having a "consider the lilies moment" today and praying that God will continue to meet our needs. That I'll resist the urge to want anything other than His will. That I will completely trust Him in everything and not take anything for granted - it's all grace.

For a while after I began to follow Jesus it was easy to see how things would all work together for the good, because I believed I had the power to make them work. I was smart enough, worked hard enough, and I had the right skills to make life work.

Well you know what?

I don't.

What I have is God.

After that, nothing else is secure. But you know what? Nothing else matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment