Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Band of Brothers

God has blessed me with a number of friends who share this pastoral life either because they are currently or have been one. None live nearby. They are scattered across the country, serve in several denominations and some in nondenominational churches.

For the past few years, we've shared a closed forum together where we can talk openly and freely about the joys and struggles of being a follower of Jesus, of being husbands and fathers, and of being pastors. I've read the struggles of some with churches that were dying, of churches that refused to change, and of some acts of such evil that just reading about them left me upset for hours. And I've shared their joy as people came to know Christ, as lives were changed, and as churches lived out their calling to work with God.

They've helped me be a better pastor, and given their advice and more when I needed it.

I thank God every time they come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment