Friday, February 26, 2010

When Times Are Tough


Another friend looks as if he's spending his last day at work today, the victim of the economy and his company's lost contract. No fault of his - he's a high performer that was being considered for higher management. But that's small solace.

Been there, done that before too.

One of the things he can point to is that he learned from the first experience and shrank his liabilities and reoriented his priorities. He says they are in better shape this time. Pray for our friends in TN.

We've been there.

From the moment God called me into the ministry my family and I have seen all the measurements the world measures success by shrink. I was forced to change jobs several times due to layoffs caused by companies downsizing. Our income plummeted - we've never gotten back to what we were making in 1990. Benefits were cut and then eliminated. We've lost a home, lost loved several loved ones to death, seen our efforts here at New Hope have times of great progress and effectiveness, and times when momentum was lost. There's been a lot we could have done without experiencing.

Yet as the song says,

"Through it all, through it all, I've learned to trust in Jesus, I've learned to trust in God"  I believe that my friend and I and our families are far better off than we'll ever know this side of heaven, in part because God's grace has supplied more and more of our needs as we have come to realize that all we have comes from and belongs to Him.

Video of Andre Crouch giving his testimony and singing "Through It All"

No comments:

Post a Comment