Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Recap Oct 18, 2009

It was a long, hard week. Lots of personal heartache and lots of ministry needs. So I headed into the weekend with a heavy heart but hopeful that focusing on what God has called me to do with the people He's called me to do life with would help. It did.

Earlier in the week, I picked up my copy of Mark Batterson's "Wild Goose Chase". A few weeks ago when I was preplanning with an eye to Oct and Nov, I had taken it home to read again. Turned out to be just the basis for today's message and most likely the next couple. Batterson's basic premise is that we are living a Christianity that's far different than what God intended. Led by the Holy Spirit, we should not find ourselves being bored or trapped. Today's message dealt with "The Cage of Responsibility."



Our music was:

O Praise Him - Crowder
O Worship the King - Tomlin
Whole World In His Hands - Redman
Come Home Running - Tomlin

I used two video clips, one at the beginning of worship called "Lean In", and then a promo for The World Race 2/3 of the way through.

My hope was that some of us would break free of our chains and be more able to respond to the Holy Spirit's call.

No comments:

Post a Comment