Wednesday, June 03, 2009

When Amy Sings





10 Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it:

1 Peter 4:10 (MSG)





Bunny called me out of my office one afternoon. I was in the middle of trying to find a path through Mark 8, while simultaneously reformatting one computer and defragging another. Neither was going well and I was becoming increasingly frustrated. Normally, that's not the best time for anyone to interrupt me. I get a wee bit grumpy. Okay, I get MORE grumpy.

But she said "come hear Amy sing."

Bunny teaches children to play piano and every one of them is awesome. Great, great kids. And it isn't unusual for her to call me in to hear the kids play. I enjoy it and it gives the kids a chance to play for an audience and get the "butterflies" out. Most of them will later play something for an offertory at New Hope, even though most aren't regular attenders here. New Hope LOVES kids.

So I came in and sat down, and Amy began to sing.

And I began to grin.

Her little voice was great, but it was the way she really sang the words.

She was... earnest. I know that's a strange word, but I don't know how else to describe a little girl so serious about singing.

It was one of those moments in life when you think "she might actually DO this for thousands someday."

She's a blessing if she never sings a note, but you should hear Amy sing.

God bless her, and all those who give to others what God has blessed them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment