Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Reflections

It was awesome just to be back at New Hope after a week of grief and sickness. Driving up into the parking lot, seeing cars of people we love so much - then getting the welcoming hugs, was great.

Then smiling as the newer office computer actually made producing a worship guide easy? Sell my clothes I'm gone to heaven!

The text came from John 3 and Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus.

Turned out the music fit well, but frankly I chose it because we could do it well, and because everyone seems to love the songs.

O Praise Him
How Can I Keep From Singing
Our God Saves

Amazing Grace

In "Our God Saves",there's a line where mourning turns to praise, and that's what yesterday was for me.

I used a Bluefish clip lead in about a man caught in a pit and the various ways each religion's founder would have dealt with him to begin the message. Liked it.

My hope was to use the "signs" thread through John's gospel to lead people to a point where they realized that Jesus was God's sign to them that it was time to turn to the Light. Ended quite unexpectedly sharing my conversion story.

We were blessed with one person coming forward who wanted the assurance of Jesus' love in her heart always. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment