Sunday, March 01, 2009

Sunday night mind dump


- It was cold! Cold! Cold!
- But a great crowd came out to gather in worship today
- The "Gotta Serve Somebody" opener really worked! Fit so well with the Scripture I just had to do it.
- Rest of the music... could have been better. I personally messed up "In Christ Alone" when I couldn't remember when to come in and then played catch up.
- Emily and Sean's "How Deep the Father's Love" over the Neil Young "Down By the River" was just AWESOME!

The message needed to be 10 minutes shorter.

My goal was to get people to take the wilderness experience seriously and learn from it. I had lived and breathed it for a week and a half and literally had 150 pages of notes, a dozen web sites, and more information than I could have delivered in two hours straight. I learned so much about the passage(s) in the three gospels, but more importantly about Jesus and how he wants His followers to live. It changed me. And I wanted to bring that to everyone else.

So I went overboard.

Wish I hadn't, because I felt rushed a bit leading into the offering and communion.

I'll work harder on condensing in the audio and might add some way for people who want to go deeper on their own time.

We'll add more elements next week, hopefully do some more great music and enjoy God's grace.

Awesome that the kids raised $175.60 for other kids in Haiti to have stainless steel bowls and spoons to eat out of.

Awesome that someone gave $700 to purchase a new copier/printer/scanner for the church so that we could reduce expenses $140 a month.

Awesome that Bethany gave out of her heart to play and sing Amazing Grace.

Great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment