Friday, March 06, 2009

So Wonder Why Our Teens Have A Twisted View of Sex?

Look at the some of the lyrics from music nominees for Nickelodeon’s 2009 Kids’ Choice Awards:

  • Beyonce
    “Now take it off while I watch you perform.” (Suga Mama)
  • Chris Brown
    “Let’s get and make love on Venus.” (Gimme Whatcha Got)
  • Alicia Keys
    “So maybe we can go to first base because I feel you.” (Teenage Love Affair)
  • Jesse McCartney
    “Spend the night with me and I’ll rock you.” (Rock You)
  • Katy Perry
    “I kissed a girl just to try it. I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it.” (I Kissed a Girl)
  • Pussycat Dolls
    “I can get off when you ain’t around.” (I Don’t Need a Man)
  • Rihanna
    “What you got up in them jeans? Put it on me, or get lonely.” (Lemme Get That)
Cause and effect, people. Cause and effect. Nick's audience is 10-14 year old kids.

1 comment:

  1. Chris Brown needs to be banned from being on the list to win any type of award for now. His actions of beating up his girlfriend are shameful and for Nickelodeon to even consider leaving him on the competition list is a disgrace.

    ReplyDelete