Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Sunday Recap May 2, 2010



After the worship workshop on Saturday, I could hardly wait to see what God was going to do on Sunday. As worship approached, I was talking with someone in the back of the sanctuary and saw a group of the praise team members gathered around Bunny at the piano. Their smiles told me that they felt the same way. After the welcome and announcements, I prayed that God would allow us to draw nearer and we began. It was great.

Melanie Winter had challenged us to stretch beyond what we had been doing and to sing and play with confidence (echoing what I've heard Bunny say a hundred times), and I really felt like we did. Having the vocalists on one side, the guitarists grouped and the bass and drummer grouped together seemed to really help us hear each other which is a real key to playing as one.

Our worship set was: O Worship the King, Forever, Shout To the Lord, and My Jesus I Love Thee was used for the invitation to commitment.

We're going to continue to work on what Melanie taught us in the weeks to come but I'm confident the improvement will continue.

The message: The third in my "Primal - A search for the essence of Christianity" series which is based on Mark Batterson's book. This week was relating to loving God with all your mind - curiosity. probably the hardest for me to get a grip on. Not because I couldn't relate to what Batterson had written, but because it seemed to be difficult to frame in such a way I could point people to Jesus - not just to studying more facts about Him.

After reading every reference in the Bible to curiosity and going back to the book several times, I settled on John 1:35 and following as the core text. It seemed to work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment