Saturday, February 28, 2009

Whatever you can do - do it

Back from a couple days in Macon helping Bunny care for her Mom. She's so intense at doing that when we are up there that even though I want to do everything I can do, many times I am one step too late. She's already at it when I'm just getting up.

It would be a great joy to report that Dot is much better, but I cannot. We keep hoping that she will begin eating enough to help her body heal. I watched Bunny and her dad do everything they could think of to get her to eat even a little. I did contribute a Wendy's frosty that Dot ate a little of. Maybe next time up I'll get her a NuWay.

Dot recognized Bunny and me immediately. She watched TV, read magazines, laughed with Bunny at you tube clips, and as long as she could hear you was engaged in the conversation. Dot's still Dot. Frail, yes, but she's such a treasure.

I hope everyone that enters her bedroom tries to get her to eat something.

I'm very tired when I write this, but I want to put this out there for anyone who might read this blog (I know there must be someone :) ).

If you still have your parents - honor them with your prayers, with your presence, and with preeminence of priority when you are with them.

In other words - it ain't about you.

It's about them.

So come visit to listen. Talk with them about things they want to talk about. Listen to them even if they tell you a story you have heard before. Bring in life and encouragement - sow hope! Give them every moment's attention you can for as long as you are there. Be available to do whatever they want you to do. They've given you more time than you'll ever realize. Time to pay it back.

For you will not always have that chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment