Monday, August 18, 2008

Be Careful Out There

Right now my wife Bunny is in Macon, Georgia spending 24/7 in a chilly hospital room with her mother Dot. Her Mom seems to be rallying somewhat since Bunny got there, but the strain on Bunny is fierce. I've been praying for her almost every waking minute and plan on heading up there as soon as I can.

In a little while I'll have a conference call with my brother and an attorney concerning what we hope might be a settlement in the probate of my father's will that has gone on since September 2006. I'm praying that my brother and I would see as Jesus sees, and see in unity so we can put this behind us. We are united to see my father's wishes be done.

This afternoon I have another call with my mentor for the Rockbridge class on worship that concludes today. We'll go over the class, what I learned, and he'll suggest ways I can continue to grow in that vital area. I'm praying for wisdom and discernment for both of us.

Then Bunny and I are trying to purchase a new vehicle. It's been 7 years and we've had a good run with our Kia, but our requirements are for a vehicle we can get into an expect to drive anywhere at anytime, even carrying our Great Dane with us if it looks like we will be there a while. Paperwork is rushing at me, dealers are calling me, and I need to get it done and get up to Macon. So I'm praying.

Then there's the future. We are praying about what God would have us do for Him, and how we can get more "life" in our life together as a couple and as a family. Being so deeply invested in a dream called New Hope brings awesome rewards and requires serious sacrifices. What does God want us to do with the rest of our time in ministry and beyond? I know I feel the call to pastor, to write, and to teach. I know I am passionately in love with my wife and can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. I know I love my sons fiercely, and want to continue to be a part of their lives as they move deeper into adulthood. So I pray.

Did I mention this is my day off? LOL

"Safe? Who said anything about safe? 'Course He's not safe. But He's good. He's the King, I tell you."

Yes He is. And in Him I place my trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment