Sunday, April 19, 2009

Reflecting on Today's Message



The Bible is summed up in two sentences: First, cheer up; you are a lot worse than you think you are. And second, cheer up; God’s grace is a lot bigger than you think it is. - Jack Miller

The balance has to be there for it to be the gospel.

Yes, we are sinners. There is nothing in us that should attract a Holy God.

And yet, while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

There are times when I hear people speak of their unworthiness that I wince if they take it what seems to me to be too far. But I don't know them and what they have gone through as well as they do.

Yet I know God's pursuing love intimately. Personally. So I know His love is large. Expansive. Lavish. Amazing.

Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

No comments:

Post a Comment